School assemblies, grade gatherings and classroom visits
Bill Wood presents lively, dynamic programs that use quality oral literature to teach and inspire. The emphasis is always on learning with a focus on fun!
Bill is available for assemblies, grade level gatherings or individual classroom visits. Follow up workshops or Q&A sessions can be added. Extended, multi-day residencies are also available.
Educational benefits include:
- Stories that build empathy with people from diverse times, places and backgrounds.
- A Teacher Guide to extend the program experience into the classroom.
- Highly participatory stories that generate enthusiasm and build social skills such as collaboration and turn taking.
- Quieter, more thoughtful stories that improve listening skills and encourage self-reflection.
- Cultural and historical artifacts (certain topics only) are used to introduce stories and spark follow-up discussion.
- The developmental benefits of oral language in general, and storytelling in particular.
PROGRAM TOPICS are available to fit specific curriculum goals and needs.
FEES vary depending on format chosen.
Please contact us when you are ready to schedule a visit, or if to request further information.
keeps children engaged throughout . . .
educate and inspire . . .
Puppets with voices
bring stories to life . . .
build energy and excitement . . .
help focus attention . . .
prepare students for the program, and extend the learning into the classroom.