“A room full of over 400 students hanging on every word!” - Joanne Rumpf, Principal; Radix Elem., Williamstown, NJ
School assemblies, grade gatherings and classroom visits
Bill Wood presents lively, dynamic programs that use quality oral literature to teach and inspire. The emphasis is always on learning with a focus on fun!
Bill is available for assemblies, grade level gatherings or individual classroom visits. Follow up workshops or Q&A sessions can be added.
Educational benefits include:
- A Teacher Guide to extend the program experience into the classroom and connect it with standards.
- Highly participatory stories that generate enthusiasm and build social skills such as collaboration and turn taking.
- Quieter, more thoughtful stories that improve listening skills and encourage self-reflection.
- Cultural and historical artifacts (certain topics only) are used to introduce stories and spark follow-up discussion.
- The developmental benefits of oral language in general, and storytelling in particular.
PROGRAM TOPICS are available to fit specific curriculum goals and needs.
FEES vary depending on format chosen.
Please contact us if you have questions or when you are ready to schedule a visit!
keeps children engaged throughout . . .
educate and inspire . . .
Puppets with voices
bring stories to life . . .
build energy and excitement . . .
help focus attention . . .
prepare students for the program, and extend the learning into the classroom.
“I’m going to get the books with your stories, and I’m going to read every one tonight! ” - Amanda , 2nd grader; Martin Blvd. Elem., Baltimore, MD