“A roomful of over 400 students hanging on every word!”
— Joanna Rumpf - Principal; Radix Elem, Williamstown, NJ
“I really enjoyed how you acted out everything and made your voice change and the characters changed. It was really cool! I could see everything in my mind!”
— Lindsay - 4th grader; W. Broad St Elem, Souderton PA
School assemblies, grade gatherings and classroom visits
Bill Wood presents lively, dynamic programs that use quality oral literature to teach and inspire. The emphasis is always on learning with a focus on fun!
Bill is available for assemblies, grade level gatherings or individual classroom visits. Follow up workshops or Q&A sessions can be added. Extended, multi-day residencies are also available.
Educational benefits include:
- Stories that build empathy with people from diverse times, places and backgrounds.
- A Teacher Guide to extend the program experience into the classroom.
- Highly participatory stories that generate enthusiasm and build social skills such as collaboration and turn taking.
- Quieter, more thoughtful stories that improve listening skills and encourage self-reflection.
- Cultural and historical artifacts (certain topics only) are used to introduce stories and spark follow-up discussion.
- The developmental benefits of oral language in general, and storytelling in particular.
Program Topics are available to fit specific curriculum goals and needs.
Fees vary depending on format chosen.
Please contact us for further information, or when you are ready to schedule a visit.
keeps children engaged throughout . . .
educate and inspire . . .
Puppets with voices
bring stories to life . . .
help focus attention . . .
build energy and excitement . . .
prepare students for the program, and extend the learning into the classroom.
“I’m going to get the books with your stories, and I’m going to read every one tonight! ”
— Amanda - 2nd grader; Martin Blvd Elem, Baltimore MD
“ . . .a wonderful way of interacting with the students! His use of humor was appropriate but not too silly. I had the opportunity to watch both performances and was amazed by his ability to tailor the content. Both groups were mesmerized!”
— Robin Peterson - Reading Specialist; Forest Hill Elem, Forest Hill MD